As a charity, the John Logan Foundation relies on the generosity of individuals, groups and corporate sponsors to help fund the treatment of Australian cancer patients.
Who can run a fundraising event?
Anyone can run an event. We welcome individuals, families, churches, groups of friends, sporting groups —everyone!
We are grateful to the many individuals and groups who have chosen to run their own fundraising events and donate money raised to the John Logan Foundation.
What sort of events can you run?
Just about anything as long as it is safe and appropriate for the intended community. In the past, people have run in The Age Run Melbourne event, we host an Annual Gala Dinner, and more. The sky is the limit. If you have a great idea, we love to hear from you. Contact us here to discuss your idea.
How to set up your event?
Firstly you will need to decide on what sort of event you would like to run. Then you will need to decide how you will collect donations. There are two options for collecting donations:
1. Collect online donations
- Set up an EveryDay Hero page for your own unique event and collect donations online. You may wish to set up an In Memoriam page to celebrate the life of a loved one and to encourage donations instead of flowers. This option has the added benefit of automated tax receipts emailed direct to donors for amounts $2 and over. Visit our Everyday Hero page here.
- Or join an Everyday Hero event such as a fun run or a marathon. Click on the link above for more information.
2. Collecting cash
- If you have an Everyday Hero page, click the ‘Download Pledge Form’ on the right hand side of your page, and follow the instructions on the form. Cash payments can be made via Australia Post outlets or BPay.
- Alternatively you can run your event, collect the cash and send us a cheque for the total amount raised once you have completed your event. Please let us know your plans so that we can help promote your event through our network.
- To send a cheque donation for a fundraising event, please download the Cheque Donation Form.
3. Participate in a Fun Run
You can participate in any of the major Fun Walk/Runs, Swim events and other sporting or adventure events across Australia. Current events can be found here. Click on the ‘Start Fundraising’ button to create a fundraising page of your own. It’s easy!